Jackson Park, Windsor, Ont.
Geller Publication Service
Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
c. 1963; the postcard view shows the Sunken Gardens which are located in Jackson Park; Jackson Park is located south and east of the intersection of Ouellette Avenue and Tecumseh Road; the park was purchased at the end of 1927 from the Windsor Jockey Club; it was officially named Jackson Park in July 1929 in honour of Mayor Jackson, Windsor's mayor at the time; the construction of the gardens began in 1930 with federal support; the sundial (donated 1954) is visible.
Jackson Park (Windsor)
Tecumseh Road (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2