Sunken Garden, Jackson Park
Sigal Brothers Ltd.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
C. 1965; "A view of the beautiful flower gardens with the rustic pergola in the background." The Sunken Garden is located in Jackson Park, which is south and east of the intersection of Ouellette Avenue and Tecumseh Road; Jackson Park was purchased at the end of 1927 from the Windsor Jockey Club. It was officially named Jackson Park in July 1929 in honour of Mayor Jackson, Windsor's mayor at the time; the construction of the gardens began in 1930 with federal support.
Jackson Park (Windsor)
Tecumseh Road (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2