Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
c. 1960; "Mario's Restaurant, 2105 Ouellette Ave., Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Beside Jackson Park the Rock Garden of Canada. 20 years specializing in pizza & spaghetti. Open 6 a.m. until 2 a.m. Tel. CL 4-8151." Mike Mario, Eugene Walters and Frank Cundari opened the first "Mario's Lunch" in the British American Hotel in 1929; Mario's moved to 493 Ouellette Avenue in the early 1930s; the restaurant at 2105 Ouellette was opened some time around 1940; in 1965, Mario's was sold to Kees Roozen; located on the southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Tecumseh Road.
Mario's Restaurant (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Tecumseh Road (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2