Grace Hospital, Windsor, Ont., Canada.
Windsor News Co. Ltd.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
Postmarked 1925; 339 Crawford Avenue; "Grace Hospital, conveniently located at London Street and Crawford Avenue [southwest corner], was built by the Salvation Army in 1920 with funds raised by popular subscription. The destinies of the institution are guided by the Salvation Army." The former Ellis home on the southwest corner of London Street (now University Avenue) and Crawford Street was purchased by the Salvation Army in 1918; at that time it had 28 beds; in 1922 a second wing was added increasing the number of beds to 122; in 1942 a south wing was opened, and in 1945 a north wing was built; in June 1960, a fire destroyed a large section of the hospital and a new five story wing was opened in September 1966; a west wing was opened in September 1985; Grace Hospital merged with Hotel Dieu Hospital on February 1, 2004, a few years before it closed permanently; it was demolished in 2013; the postcard is addressed to Mrs. S.R. Miller.
Grace Hospital (Windsor)
Crawford Street (Windsor)
London Street (Windsor)
University Avenue (Windsor)
Salvation Army (Windsor)
Ellis Residence (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2