Wyandotte Street School, Windsor, Canada.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
Postmarked 1919; Wyandotte Street School was located on Wyandotte Street West between Curry Avenue and McEwan Avenue; construction began in 1914 and the school was opened in April 1915; Mr Fred Snider was the school's first principal and the first recorded attendance was 95 students; originally there were 12 classrooms and a manual training room, and all rooms were in use by 1917; a 15-room addition was added and opened in December 1923; by this time the attendance at the school was 900 students; in 1936 the school was renamed J. E. Benson School in honour of a long time teacher and school inspector; the school was closed in 2014; the postcard is addressed to Miss Lecta M. Russell; may show the back of the school.
Wyandotte Street School (Windsor)
Benson, J. E. Public School (Windsor)
Wyandotte Street (Windsor)
Curry Avenue (Windsor)
McEwan Avenue (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2