Public Library, Windsor, Canada.
|Public Library, Windsor, Canada.|
William H. Martin
Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
Postmarked 1911; Windsor's first library was located in Lambie's Hall on Ferry Street (in the building that formerly housed the Windsor Star); when the library outgrew that location, the building of a new library was made possible by a $20,000 donation from Andrew Carnegie, the American philanthropist; the new library, pictured on this postcard, became known as the Public Library or the Carnegie Library; it opened in October 1903 and was located at the southeast corner of Park Street and Victoria Avenue; this library functioned as the downtown library until the new Main Library opened on Ouellette Avenue in 1973; the postcard is addressed to Mrs. Emil Rudick.
Windsor Public Library
Carnegie Library (Windsor)
Park Street (Windsor)
Victoria Avenue (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2