Bank Of Montreal, 1799 Wyandotte Street East, Interior 1, June 1959


(Click to View Larger Image)
Bank Of Montreal, 1799 Wyandotte Street East, Interior 1, June 1959
Date: 1959
Type(s): Photograph
Physical Description: b&w; digitized from negative
Identifier(s): 00347
Source: WPD Collection
Notes: Located on the southeast corner of Wyandotte Street East and Chilver Road; was built in 1912-1913 for Merchants Bank of Canada by Montreal architectural firm Hogle And Davis, in collaboration with the Walkerville architectural firm of Stahl And Kinsey. It became the Bank of Montreal in 1922 and closed in 1995; Nessel's Family Shoe Store (1726-1748 Wyandotte Street East) can be seen through the window.
Subject(s): Bank Of Montreal (Walkerville)
Banks
Wyandotte Street (Windsor)
Chilver Road (Windsor)
Merchants Bank Of Canada (Walkerville)
Hogle And Davis, Architects (Montreal)
Stahl And Kinsey, Architects (Windsor)
Nessel's Family Shoe Store (Windsor)
Stores
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Walkerville (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image