|Ste. Claire Ship Canal. Lower Entrance.|
Detroit Publishing Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 4
c. 1906; pictured is the lower entrance to the St. Clair Ship Canal, located near the northeast end of Lake St. Clair, where the St. Clair river narrows and heads north to Lake Huron; the St. Clair Flats Canal Lower Lighthouse is pictured on the left; it is located at the south end of Harsens Island (west of Walpole Island); it was built in 1871 and was replaced in 1934 by a white steel lighthouse.
St. Clair River
Lake St. Clair
Lighthouse (Harsens Island)
Harsens Island (Michigan)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2