|Ouellette St., Windsor, Ont. 1914|
International Stationery Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
Postmarked 1914; looking north along Ouellette Avenue from Pitt Street; on the left side, the Royal Bank, housed in the Laing Building is visible on the northwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street; in 1913 it moved to the southeast corner of Ouellette Ave. and Pitt St; further north, on the northeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive) is the British American Hotel; owned by E. E. Ingram, the hotel was built after the fire of 1871 and was demolished in 1975; on the southeast corner is the Canadian Bank of Commerce; it was designed by Victor Daniel Horsburgh, built in 1915 and demolished in 1972; the postcard is addressed to Miss Hallie Morgan.
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Pitt Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Royal Bank of Canada (Windsor)
Canadian Bank of Commerce (Windsor)
British American Hotel (Windsor)
Laing Building (Windsor)
Ingram, E. E.
Horsburgh, Daniel, Architect
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2