No. 5588 "Spirit Of Windsor" 1965
|No. 5588 "Spirit Of Windsor" 1965|
World Wide Sales Agencies Ltd.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
c. 1965; "No. 5588 "Spirit of Windsor" Engine on Display at Ferry Dock (Ferry & Detroit River in background) Windsor, Ontario, Canada"; the engine was built in 1911. It was found at a rail yard in London, Ontario in 1961 and moved to Dieppe Gardens in 1962; in 2007 the Southern Locomotive Restoration Society began restoration work on the engine; the Detroit Car Ferry which is clearly visible on the left-hand side was built in 1904 and used to carry railway cars across the Detroit River.
Spirit Of Windsor (Railway Engine)
Ferry Landing (Windsor)
Dieppe Gardens (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2