Park St. Looking West, Windsor, Ont.
|Park St. Looking West, Windsor, Ont.|
Heliotype Co., Ltd.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
c. 1918; looking west along Park Street from just east of Pelissier Street; Park Apartments is visible to the left, on the southwest corner of Park and Pelissier Streets; further west is St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church located on the southwest corner of Park Street and Victoria Avenue; the congregation dates back to 1857 and the original St. Andrew's Church was built in 1865 on the southeast corner of Victoria Avenue and Chatham Street; a new brick church was built at the Park Street and Victoria Avenue location in 1883, but was destroyed by fire. The current church building (pictured) was erected in 1895 and seated 800; balconies added in 1903 added an additional 400 seats; the church closed on May 1st, 2016
Park Street (Windsor)
Pelissier Street (Windsor)
Victoria Avenue (Windsor)
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2