Y.W.C.A And Y.M.C.A., Windsor, Ont., Canada
|Y.W.C.A And Y.M.C.A., Windsor, Ont., Canada|
Post Card & Greeting Card Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
Postmarked 1932; The original Y.W.C.A./Y.M.C.A. was located at 511 Pelissier Street (on the west side) between Park Avenue and Wyandotte Street; it was designed in the Northern Italian Romanesque-Renaissance Revival style by Nichols, Sheppard and Masson, Architects; construction began in 1925, was completed in 1926; it was the first combined operation of the Y.W.C.A./Y.M.C.A. in Canada; the postcard was sent to Miss Jenny Johnson; "Y.W.C.A. and Y.M.C.A. building is one of the most attractive Y.M. and Y.W.C.A. buildings in Canada. One half of the building is devoted to the work of the Y.M.C.A. and the other to the Y.W.C.A. Both Associations share the front offices, cafeteria, swimming pool and gymnasium. The building has extensive dormitory accommodation for both associations."
Pelissier Street (Windsor)
Nichols, Sheppard and Masson, Architects
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2