Curry Hall & Armouries, Windsor, Canada, 1910



(Click to View Larger Image)
Curry Hall & Armouries, Windsor, Canada, 1910
Date: 1910
Type(s): Postcard
Language: English
Identifier(s): 674-7
Source: Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
Notes: Postmarked 1910; Curry Hall (built c. 1905) was located on the southeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and London Street (now University Avenue); it housed Heintzman And Company Pianos on the first floor and was later renamed the Heintzman Building; the Windsor Armouries (to the left of Curry Hall was located on London Street between Curry Hall and Cartier Place (now Freedom Way); opened in 1902, it was designed by architect David Ewart in the Richardson Romanesque style; in 1935 an addition was added to the south side, designed by Sheppard, Masson and Trace; it was the base of the 21st Regiment of Essex County Fusiliers (later known as the Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment); Pond's Pharmacy can be seen on the northeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and London Street; the postcard is addressed to Miss Bessie Dixon.
Subject(s): Curry Hall Building (Windsor)
Armouries (Windsor)
Military Buildings
London Street (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Commercial Buildings
Ewart, David, Architect
Sheppard, Masson, and Trace, Architects
Heintzman And Company, Pianos (Windsor)
Heintzman Building (Windsor)
Stores
Pond's Drug Store (Windsor)
Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment (Windsor)
University Avenue (Windsor)
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image