Manning Hotel & Post Office, Windsor, Ont.
International Stationery Company
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
Postmarked 1913; view looks east from Pitt Street West towards Ouellette Avenue; the Manning House Hotel (later the Royal Bank) was located on the southeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street and was built in 1887; the Post Office was located on the southwest corner of Pitt Street and Ouellette Avenue and was built in 1879 and demolished in 1932; the Boer War monument designed by Walter Allard is in front of the post office; it was dedicated on May 24th, 1906, and later moved to Jackson Park; the postcard was addressed to Mrs. Fred Maubbetch.
Manning House Hotel (Windsor)
Post Office, 1879 (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Pitt Street (Windsor)
Boer War Monument (Windsor)
Allard, Walter, Designer
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2