Title: 
C. H. Smith Company Ltd. Store, Windsor, Ont., Canada
Year: 
1935
Publisher: 
Photogelatine Engraving Company Limited
Type(s): 
Postcard
Language: 
English
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 3
Notes: 
c. 1935; the C. H. Smith Company Limited Store for dry goods was located on the east side Ouellette Avenue between Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive) and Pitt Street; the main entrance was on Ouellette Avenue, with a side entrance in Pitt Street East; founded in 1914, the Smith store moved from the original Pitt Street location to Ouellette Avenue in 1919; for many years the Smith store was the largest department store in Windsor; the building was demolished in the 1970s after the Smith store moved to the Devonshire Mall; the building on the corner is the Huron And Erie Building; it housed various businesses including the Huron And Erie Mortgage Corporation and the Canada Trust Company.
Subject(s): 
Smith, C. H., And Company (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Commercial Buildings
Stores
Pitt Street (Windsor)
Huron And Erie Building (Windsor)
Huron And Erie Mortgage Corporation (Windsor)
Canada Trust Company (Windsor)
Banks
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2