Original Development, 800 Block, Argyle And Devonshire Roads 1913

Original Development, 800 Block, Argyle And Devonshire Roads 1913
Date: 1913
Type(s): Map Plan
Language: English
Source: Gregory Heil
Notes: Shows Hiram H. Walker's "Elmcroft" Estate; it was designed by Albert Kahn in 1906 and was located on Devonshire Road, on the northeast corner of Devonshire Road and St. Mary's Gate. This house was demolished between the late 1930s and early 1950s. Also shows "Wallmay", the Dingwall-McGregor property, designed by Burrowes & Wells (1912). It was located on Devonshire Road, on the southeast corner of Devonshire Road and Cataraqui Street. It was demolished in 1984. Walter McGregor bought the property from Harry Dingwall in 1919. The estates carriage houses both face onto Argyle Road.
Subject(s): Walker, Hiram H. Residence (Walkerville)
Elmcroft (House)
Kahn, Albert, Architect
Devonshire Road (Windsor)
St. Mary's Gate (Windsor)
Argyle Road (Windsor)
Cataraqui Street (Windsor)
Wallmay (House)
Burrowes And Wells, Architects (Detroit)
Dingwall, Harry R. Residence (Walkerville)
McGregor, Walter L. Residence (Walkerville)
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Walkerville (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library