Sandwich Canal Near Windsor, Ont.
Warwick Bros & Rutter Limited
Mike Skreptak Collection; Black Binder 2
c. 1905; The Sandwich Canal was dug (in the 1880's?) from Russell Street, near the Sandwich Mineral Springs, to the Detroit River. It was used to ferry American tourists from Detroit to the hot springs. The springs became part of Lagoon Park which opened in 1902. Unfortunately, they ran dry shortly afterwards. "Published for V. E. Marentette & Son, Windsor, Ont."; addressed to Miss Ethel Bestwick from Stella McTivey
Lagoon Park (Sandwich)
Sandwich Mineral Springs
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2