House Of Refuge, Leamington, Ont.
|House Of Refuge, Leamington, Ont.|
Miss A. McDonald
A. McD. 4353
Mike Skreptak Collection; Green Binder
c. 1910; the Essex County House of Refuge and Industry was located at 175 Talbot Street East. It was designed by Harry J. Powell and was completed in 1901; it was demolished in 1962. It was originally designed to accommodate 35 people. It was expanded several times and underwent several name changes, e.g. Home for the Aged.
Talbot Street (Leamington)
Essex County Home For The Aged (Leamington)
Essex County House Of Refuge And Industry (Leamington)
Powell, Harry J., Architect
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2