|Sam's Department Store, Gladstone Avenue, April 1951|
b&w; digitized from negative
1951?; large billboard and other signage for Sam's Department Store; east side of Gladstone Avenue at the intersection with Ottawa Street; in 1951 Samuel Freed was the president and manager of Sam's Department Store (1526 Ottawa Street); it was founded in 1929 and later became Freeds; the houses (1282 and 1290) shown were demolished and are now a parking lot.
Sam's Department Store (Windsor)
Gladstone Avenue (Windsor)
Ottawa Street (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1