Louis A. Merlo
|Louis A. Merlo|
Donated by Richard Merlo.
c. 1924; Louis A. Merlo was born in Cuggiono near Milan, Italy, in 1883. He came to Detroit in 1901, and to Windsor in 1912. He founded Merlo, Merlo, and Ray in 1913 and was president and general manager of the company. It was involved in all aspects of building and construction until its demise in 1929. In 1931, he founded Sterling Construction Company; he was also founder of River Sand And Brick Corporation, Vice President, Canada Paving And Supply Corporation (1929), President of Border Land And Development (developers of Southlawn Gardens), President of Essex Transit Company, and Director of Guarantee Trust Company; he died in 1975; no .tiff file available
Merlo, Louis A.
Merlo, Merlo, And Ray (Windsor)
Sterling Construction Company (Windsor)
River Sand And Brick Corporation (Windsor)
Canada Paving And Supply Corporation (Windsor)
Border Land And Development (Windsor)
Essex Transit Company (Windsor)
Guarantee Trust Company (Windsor)
Original in private collection