|Ursuline Convent, Chatham, Kent Co., Ont.|
H. Belden & Co.
b&w; 1973 reprint
Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Counties of Essex and Kent,1880-1881. Toronto : H. Belden & Co., . Page 69
The Ursuline Convent was founded by Mother Xavier LeBihan of Le Faouet, France in 1860. The nuns established a boarding school and a day school called Urseline College, a.k.a. The Pines. In 1870, they moved to a building at 85 Grand Avenue West, Chatham. The building is still standing today (2015).
Ursuline Convent (Chatham)
Ursuline College (Chatham)
Grand Avenue West (Chatham)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1