Garner House Property Of John Garner, Chatham, Ont.
|Garner House Property Of John Garner, Chatham, Ont.|
Rutley, W. F.
H. Belden & Co.
b&w; 1973 reprint
Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Counties of Essex and Kent, 1880-1881. Toronto : H. Belden & Co., . Page 67
Located on the southwest corner of King Street and Sixth Street; was built in the 1870s and burned down on December 8th, 1929; left: (the artist?) W. F. Rutley, Architect, Chatham, Ont., Post Office Block. Rutley was born in Toronto and came to Kent county in 1858; centre: Lewis, MacPherson And Co., importers of staple and fancy dry goods and millinery. T. L. L. Lewis was born in Ontario in 1839 and came to Chatham in 1872; right: James Reeve, watchmaker and jeweler; far right: G. A. Powell, chemist and druggist, Chatham, Ont., hair, tooth, and nail brushes a specialty. Powell was born in Canada in 1851 and started his business in 1879.
Garner House Hotel (Chatham)
Garner, John, Hotel Owner
Lewis, MacPherson And Co., Dry Goods And Millinery (Chatham)
Rutley, W. F., Architect
King Street (Chatham)
Sixth Street (Chatham)
Reeve, James, Watchmaker And Jeweller
Powell, G. A., Chemist And Druggist
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1