Bird's Eye View Of Windsor, Canada, 1908



(Click to View Larger Image)
Bird's Eye View Of Windsor, Canada, 1908
Publisher: William H. Martin
Date: 1908
Type(s): Postcard
Language: English
Identifier(s): 1043
Source: Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
Notes: Postmarked 1908; aerial view; addressed to Mrs. Ida B. Cumming?; bottom left: the Armouries, located on London Street (now University Avenue); the building west of the Armouries, facing Ouellette Avenue is the Curry Hall Building (later renamed the Heintzman Building). The reddish brown building on the west side of Ouellette Avenue is the Victoria Block. On the side of the building there is a sign for A. D. Bowlby, Clothing. Further north, also on the west side of Ouellette Avenue, the post office is visible. The back of Windsor Opera House (white-blue building) is also visible on Sandwich Street East. It lost its tower sometime around 1908. Cartier Place (now Freedom Way) runs south, on the east side of the Armouries. On the east side of Cartier Place is Central Livery Stables (2-10 Cartier Place). It was owned by James H. Green.
Subject(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Waterfront (Detroit)
Detroit River
Ships
Houses
Commercial Buildings
Government Buildings
Military Buildings
Armouries (Windsor)
London Street (Windsor)
Curry Hall Building (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Stores
Victoria Block (Windsor)
Bowlby, A. D., Clothing (Windsor)
Post Office, 1879 (Windsor)
Windsor Opera House
Cartier Place (Windsor)
Freedom Way (Windsor)
Heintzman Building (Windsor)
University Avenue (Windsor)
Central Livery Stable (Windsor)
Green, James H., Business Owner
Stables
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image