Post Office, Windsor, Canada
Year: 
1906
Publisher: 
Warwick Bros & Rutter
Type(s): 
Postcard
Identifier(s): 
5557
Language: 
English
Notes: 
c. 1906; unused; the post office was located on the southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street; it was built in 1879 and demolished in 1932; the architect was William Scott And Co.; it replaced several earlier post offices that were near the northeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street; the Boer War Monument, designed by Walter Allard, is located at the front entrance; the reddish brown building behind the post office and park is the Victoria Block (southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Chatham Street); the photograph was likely taken on Victoria Day, May 24th, 1906. This was the day that the monument was unveiled and dedicated. It was later moved to Jackson Park.
Subject(s): 
Post Office, 1879 (Windsor)
Government Buildings
Pitt Street (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Boer War Monument (Windsor)
War Monuments
Allard, Walter, Designer
Victoria Block (Windsor)
Holidays
Boer War
Flags
Scott, William And Company, Architects
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2