Sterling Construction Company Limited, Windsor, Ontario


(Click to View Larger Image)
Sterling Construction Company Limited, Windsor, Ontario
Creator(s): Soper, Howard
Date: 1940
Type(s): Illustration
Physical Description: Sepia
Identifier(s): P10642
Source: Donated by Richard Merlo
Notes: c. 1940; no .tiff file available; original (P10642) at the Windsor Community Museum?; "Drawn by Howard Soper, Windsor, Ont."; Sterling Construction Company Limited and Sterling Gravel And Supplies Limited were founded c. 1931; for most of their existence, they were located at 2494 Sandwich Street East, just west of Ford Motor Company of Canada. Sterling Construction was incorporated by Louis A. Merlo and lasted until 1981 (http://www.windsor-communities.com)
Subject(s): Sterling Construction Company (Windsor)
Sterling Gravel And Supplies (Windsor)
Ford Motor Company Of Canada (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Merlo, Louis A.
Detroit River
Commercial Buildings
Factories
Waterfront (Windsor)
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Ford City (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: Original in private collection
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image