Ambassador Bridge Construction: Cable Spinning Plant


(Click to View Larger Image)
Ambassador Bridge Construction: Cable Spinning Plant
Date: 1928
Type(s): Photograph
Physical Description: b&w; 20x13 cm
Identifier(s): Acc. No. 13-012, Box 11, 3520 PP
Source: Walkerville Times Collection
Notes: Construction on the Ambassador Bridge across the Detroit River officially began on May 7th, 1927; it was built by the McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh) for the Detroit International Bridge Company; it opened to traffic on November 15th, 1929
Subject(s): Ambassador Bridge (Windsor Detroit)
Bridges
Mclintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh)
Detroit International Bridge Company (Detroit)
Construction
Construction Workers
Detroit River
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Detroit (Michigan)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image