Title: 
Ambassador Bridge Construction: Raising The First Footwalk Cable
Year: 
1928
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w; 20x13 cm
Identifier(s): 
Acc. No. 13-012, Box 11, 3519 PP
Source: 
Walkerville Times Collection
Notes: 
Construction on the Ambassador Bridge across the Detroit River officially began on May 7th, 1927; it was built by the McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh) for the Detroit International Bridge Company; it opened to traffic on November 15th, 1929; the photograph is taken looking south towards the Canadian side; the steamship Columbia and other small boats are on the river; date is probably August 8th, 1928.
Subject(s): 
Ambassador Bridge (Windsor Detroit)
Bridges
McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh)
Detroit International Bridge Company (Detroit)
Construction
Detroit River
Columbia (Ship)
Ships
Railway Yards
Railways
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Detroit (Michigan)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1