Ambassador Bridge Construction: Laying Asphalt Surface


(Click to View Larger Image)
Ambassador Bridge Construction: Laying Asphalt Surface
Date: 1929
Type(s): Photograph
Physical Description: b&w; 20x13 cm
Identifier(s): Acc. No. 13-012, Box 11, 3510 PP
Source: Walkerville Times Collection
Notes: Construction on the Ambassador Bridge officially began on May 7th, 1927; it was built by the McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh) for the Detroit International Bridge Company; it opened to traffic on November 15th, 1929; Merlo, Merlo, and Ray was the company that laid the asphalt; they were the only Canadian company to work on both sides of the bridge (Richard Merlo).
Subject(s): Ambassador Bridge (Windsor Detroit)
Bridges
McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh)
Detroit International Bridge Company (Detroit)
Detroit River
Construction
Construction Workers
Trucks
Construction Equipment
Merlo, Merlo, And Ray (Windsor)
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Detroit (Michigan)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image