Ambassador Bridge Construction: Cable Strands Attached To Anchorage


(Click to View Larger Image)
Ambassador Bridge Construction: Cable Strands Attached To Anchorage
Date: 1929
Type(s): Photograph
Physical Description: b&w; 13x20 cm
Identifier(s): Acc. No. 13-012, Box 11, 3511 PP
Source: Walkerville Times Collection
Notes: "U.S. anchorage under construction, September 9, 1929. Cable strands had been attached to the eyebars on September 7, 1929" (Ambassador Bridge / Philip Masson, page 102); construction on the Ambassador Bridge across the Detroit River officially began on May 7th, 1927; it was built by the McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh) for the Detroit International Bridge Company; it opened to traffic on November 15th, 1929
Subject(s): Ambassador Bridge (Windsor Detroit)
Bridges
McClintic-Marshall Company (Pittsburgh)
Detroit international Bridge Company (Detroit)
Construction
Detroit River
Place(s): Detroit (Michigan)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image