|Lagoon Canal, Sandwich, Canada, Near Windsor|
Postmarked 1909; Addressed to: Miss Emma Smith; Lagoon Canal was also known as the Sandwich Canal; the Sandwich Canal was dug (in the 1880's?) from Russell Street, near the Sandwich Mineral Springs, to the Detroit River. It was used to ferry American tourists from Detroit to the hot springs. The springs became part of Lagoon Park which opened in 1902. Unfortunately, they ran dry shortly afterwards.
Lagoon Park (Sandwich)
Sandwich Mineral Springs
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2